Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Wheelchair's For Respect

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode of Punched Up on the Comedy Network for its guest star: the great Joe Flaherty.

As wide and varied as his career is,
Guy Caballero will always come first to mind when I think of him. I also loved the pantheon of other characters he played on SCTV, from Vic Arpeggio (Black Like Vic), to William F. Buckley ("Last call for lunatic liberals and their third world girlfriends."), to Count Floyd/Floyd Robertson to the inimitable Sammy Maudlin.

Naturally, I am vomitously envious of my brother Pat for getting the chance to work with a legend. I'm also envious of the fact that Pat is currently in L.A. while the Toronto area digs out from the biggest snowstorm of the year.

By the way, if you missed last week's episode, you can see the
commercial Pat did for Steam Whistle Breweries and vote on whether you think Steam Whistle should use the commercial or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home